Falcon - JK 4D 3.1 Piggyback Shock
Teraflex Falcon 3.1 Piggyback JK Wrangler Shock Kit
The Falcon Series 3.1 piggyback shock is designed and engineered to deliver race inspired performance and handling while exclusively built to the specific requirements of the Jeep Wrangler. Vehicle stability is the paramount goal with all Falcon Shocks.
For years shocks have been simply ‘adapted’ with minimal tuning and not specifically designed for an application. Falcon Shocks change that mentality. The Falcon Series 3 Piggyback shocks are corner specific, built from the ground up, and deliver the best damping characteristics possible with fitment and function outlining the highest priorities. A lengthy and painstaking development process has finally delivered these new advancements to a waiting Jeep market.
The front shock features a unique piggyback design with the reservoir positioned horizontally to increase clearance with large tires during articulation and turning. An offset upper stud positions the shock body away from the frame for maximum clearance.
The rear shock positions the body and reservoir at the bottom to eliminate shaft damage from rocks kicked up by the tires. The outboard mounting increases clearance for lifted vehicles with raised track bar brackets.
Falcon Shocks feature Red Line full synthetic shock oil with a high viscosity index of 519 for consistent performance across all temperatures and reduce shock fade. The proprietary synthetic formula also contains special anti-wear and lubricity agents that produce excellent thermal stability.
Features & Benefits
JK specific shock
- Increases vehicle stability
- Improved dynamic roll control & low speed damping
- Optimized fitment for clearance during full suspension travel
- Front offset stud design creates additional frame clearance during articulation
- 2.25” shock body provides optimal performance
- Largest shock body that will fit without modifications
- 6061 hard anodized aluminum shock body resists wear
- Smooth honed internal shock body surface for long term performance
- 3/4” shaft to prevent shaft buckling
- Maximum shaft diameter for optimal adjustable range when Upgrade Kits installed
- Hard chrome, induction hardened shaft resists rock damage & corrosion
- OGS – the oil/gas separator prevents cavitation
- Digressive linear piston
- One-piece Teflon bronze piston wear band with O-ring
- Upgrade to 3.2 or 3.3 via Adjustable Cartridge Upgrade Kits for quick compression adjustments (sold separately)
- Piggyback design increases fluid flow by 6x over restricting reservoir hose designs
- Piggyback fluid passage eliminates common leakage issues found in banjo & swivel fittings
- Hard anodized billet piston
- Aluminum construction for superior heat dissipation
- Red Line full synthetic shock oil
- 1,000 hour salt spray corrosion resistance test on all hardware
- Serviceable & rebuildable (factory serviced)
- Built in-house at the TeraFlex Falcon Shock Division
Fit 2007-2018 JK Wrangler 4 Door Models with 2.5"-4" Lifts
Note: The front shocks are not compatible if you have a Safari snorkel and a 3.6L petrol engine